Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thanks Erik Bendl for fighting for Diabetes

I would like to thank Erik Bendl for walking over 2200 miles and 23 states for diabetes.

Erik Bendl watched his mother die of diabetes complications at 54 and thought what a young age for a person to die and wanted to do something about it.

As a diabetic person that knows first hand how painful it is to watch a person die in front of you with this disease is me. My mother died with her children and family around her in Nov 2006 as her kidneys failed first and than her heart rate went down to nothing.

As her child and seeing this knowing that I didn't want this to be my end as well is fighting everyday with this disease. I got this disease and other complications when I had my son Matthew in 2000. It was a hard 7 months because that is how long the doctor let me carry him until my body went into distress.  I took 9 shots a day and when healthcare was a little caring I went to the doctor every weekday.  My son was so worth it!!!

As of today my insulin is toxic and that makes me insulin resistance.  I was checked into the hospital 2 weeks ago with my sugar levels at 700+.  My heart rate was off the chart they thought I was having a heart attack but it was fluid in the lung and an infection also in my lung.  I had too much sugar and protein in my urine and other complications. The reason I am sharing is that there are so many other complications that comes with this disease diabetes.

If someone that you know have this disease please support them and always check on them because it is a disease that can cause depression.

Oh back to Erik Bendl  I forget to you tell you he rolls the world around with him (6-foot high sphere made of canvas ) and walks this amazing walk with his dog Nice!  Thanks you Erik again......


Erik Bendl World Guy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/02/erik-bendl-diabetes_n_817325.html

No comments: