Friday, December 17, 2010

Walking Ill with no hope right now...

I am a woman that have been working since 16 by way of signing up for the ARMY RESERVE early because of my high school of the test that was given.

I have never taken a break and at 41 this year I was let go from a major bank because I was really to sick to work.  I was being written up on FMLA and had to go to Directors, HR and finally the Director of Policy and Procedures who finally told them to leave me alone.

There is another "unemployed" that is the one that are too sick to work everyday and have FMLA from their jobs until some hotshot come along and tell you are basically in the way because everyday you can't promise that you can show up due to illnesses.

I am someone that has 5 chronic illness with a host of other conditions that are no longer since April 2010 being seen to by a doctor.  I  was on over 18 medications but due to the fact that my husband found a job making half of what he was making before he was outsourced I can't get assistance and having to medicate myself the best way I can.  I have tried to go to work but I was not feeling great before being let go so everyday I wake up I am grateful.  What is the scariest part is that one of the chronic illness is insulin resistant diabetes.

I don't want pity but trying to save a home and raising a 10 year old boy and making sure that he is clothed and feed is a struggle everyday.

I was the"cheerleader" for my family and friends but when you are struggling you know that people will leave you afraid that you will ask for help.  Being strong is the best medicine for you.

There is a article that MEDICAID is canceling transplants, procedures that are making medical facilities to close the public with no where to go for treatment.

AMERICA WE ARE IN SO MUCH MORE TROUBLE THEN WE KNOW!!!

United HealthCare Bill is so needed because you don't know when or why your benefits can be taken from you and your family.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/13/medicaid-cuts-hurt-at-the_n_796268.html

No comments: