Wednesday, December 22, 2010

We Place Americans Last in America

I have been watching how Congress was going to handle the 9/11 first response workers who risked their lives and showed us what doing for our country as a civilian was like.  These firefighters and policemen made me proud that they put other's first.

I know exactly were I was when the towers went down and saw the aftermath looking like a third world war torn country but it was the USA. I was afraid but nothing compared to the fear these brave men and women went through.

I have seen Congress telling these 9/11 first responders that their health care and their conditions due to the unsafe air (when it was told to them it was safe) was only worth the bravery for 2001 and handle everything else yourself in the future because we can't do anymore for you.

These people have cancer in the lung and other places in their body and were told that they were in fact dying in vain because they don't have the right to ask their government to help them when they helped all of us and did us proud.  Even when they trusted the government when they said the AIR WAS INDEED CLEAN.

America we have got to stop pulling Americans last; we have got to stop rushing to help other countries when we have sick and hungry adults and children right here in the GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

I would like to take the time to tell the first response worker I thank you now and I thank you then.  I pray that you and your families days on this earth are a little brighter because Congress finally are giving you what YOU DESERVE.

The legacy that you have left for me as an American is not a tragedy that will not be remembered by me and so many others that are not even from NY but know that it was an attacked on all of us!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/22/911-first-responders-heal_1_n_800326.html

No comments: